- 3 cups shredded cheddar and moz.cheese
- 1/2-3/4 cup of feta cheese in small chunks 4 cups fresh spinach (or baby springs--also (if frozen be sure to defrost and drain water)
- 6-8 cherry tomatoes quartered (or 1 large tomato cut 3-4 thin slices), divided: some for the top cut the rest in chunks for inside
- 2 tbs whole wheat and oat flour
- 1-2 tbs ground flax--to taste :)
- 4-5 eggs
- 3/4 cups skim milk
- 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbs of minced garlic (or to taste)
2. Beat eggs slightly and add milk, Worcestershire sauce, chunks of tomatoes and spinach in bowl. Pour over cheese mixture in pie plate. Mix ingredients carefully in pie dish.
3. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 40 mins. Add the remaining tomato to the top, if you desire.
* As I like to always say--use organic ingredients. I made this for our small group and it was a hit. I would make it again. If anyone tries this with just egg whites, let me know. I think I aim to do that the next time I make this...