Sunday, November 1, 2009

Pumpkin Spice No-Bake Cookies

  • 7 cups of Erhorn Corn Flakes and Heritage Heirloom Whole Grain Cereal (found in organic sections at the grocery store)
  • 1/2 cup of walnuts (optional)
  • 1/2 cup ground flax
  • 1/4 tsp of All-spice
  • 1/4 tsp of cinnamon
  •  1 bag of butterscotch chips
  • 1 cup of pumpkin (not the pie filling kind)
  • 1tbsp of almond butter

Crush the cereal, walnuts, flax, and spices (I used a large freezer bag), set aside.  Melt the butterscotch in a medium to large pot, add the pumpkin and almond butter.  Stir until smooth, take off the heat.  Fold in the cereal mixture.  Spoon into cookies onto parchment/wax paper and refigerate until they cool/harden.

 
* I took an old Corn Flake Cookie No-Bake cookie recipe that calls for 1 cup of peanut butter, I changed it up... obviously, and used pumpkin instead.  Thinking that these cookies may need a little fat, I added the tablespoon of almond butter--peanut butter has a stronger taste... so I didn't want it to take away from the pumpkin.  Anyhow, I added the flax and spices for a change.  They were yummy!  I served them to our church small group Halloween game night get-together. I think this method would work with the oatmeal version as well.*

No comments:

Post a Comment