- 1 cup small green lentils (Lentilles de Puy)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or pressed (used 4 cloves of garlic)
- 1 onion, finely chopped (I chopped 1 medium tomato instead).
- 2 teaspoons mixed dried herbs (used herbes de provence)
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup wine (used red wine)
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard (used 1/2 tsp of dry mustard and 1/2 reg mustard)
- 1 teaspoon mixed dried herbs
- salt and pepper (also added a spritz of lemon juice)
- mixed salad greens
- 4 ounces goat cheese (used swiss cheese since I forgot to get the goat cheese!)
- 2 tablespoons of ground flax
In a saucepan, cook the onions and garlic in the olive oil for about 5 minutes or until soft. Stir in herbs, salt and pepper. Add wine, water and lentils and bring to a boil.
Prepare the vinaigrette by mixing all of the ingredients and shaking vigorously. Pour the vinegarette on top of the warm lentils. Serve on a bed of mixed greens (a mesclun mix would be perfect) and top with crumbled goat's cheese. Sprinkle about the ground flax on top!